Thursday 19 April 2018

Heart's Evolution



Will today 
Truly be 
My day?
To be sure
I awaken
To a day
Replete with
 Infinite potential

Have waged
A war
Spanning
A life time
Believing
My very
Being
Hinged on
Inextinguishably
Etching
My signature
Beyond 
The reach
Of mortality

Hypervigilant
My effort
To remain
One step
Ahead
Of being
Consumed
By an 
 Irreverent conformity 
Terminal uniqueness
Shredded
The fabric of
Compassion & connection
Spawning 
That which
I feared 
The most
Irrelevance 
Collateral damage
Became inconsequential
Vastly less important
Than "survival"
            
Sheer will-power
For so long
Wielded defensively
Near becoming
My undoing
Redirected to
No longer
Waging war

I belong 
To my heart
My heart
 Belongs 
To the world

A heart centred 
Directive
Provides meaning
That moment to moment
Expresses the soul
While honouring others
It calls
For attentive listening
And inspired action
Unique 
But "against" no one.

R. O'Neill (April 19, 2018)







No comments:

Post a Comment