Tuesday 12 December 2017

Life the Wondrous Magician..

Have you ever stopped to consider that when you get up in the morning; as much as you might think you know what is to occur in the day that unfolds, really; there is no telling what might transpire. I love the mystery and delightful surprises that present, seemingly from "nowhere."

I was up early this morning. I "knew" I had a shift later in the day; so I wanted to maximize time in the day, toward pursuits that bring me satisfaction and joy. I appreciate the job, as far as that goes; but if I were to do only my shift and then sleep late; and leave little time for anything else, but just go back & do another shift; suffice to say my satisfaction wanes..

I recommenced a morning writing practice... I was inspired to do that again after reading about the clarity and connection it provided the author of an online blog. I knew experientially of what he spoke of - my morning writing had tapered off. I felt the pull to resume as soon as I was reading his account. So today was "day 1" of that "re-directing" of my energy & attention. There has got to be a day 1, in any pursuit large or small.

An idea that presented itself in the free-flow writing I was doing; went on to be the theme for a post, I put on the social media page, dedicated to my book & related events/activities..

My next vision was to get to the gym. I have the use of a rental car at the moment; so in the interest of time efficiency, I drove to the gym. If I have more time to play with, I would frequently either walk or ride my bike over.

When I arrived at the recreation centre nearest to my place; I discovered the parking lot to be full. I opted to go on to another centre (my pass is good at any one of 4 different locations).

I had a great workout! Sometimes the different location and equipment shakes things up and adds some variety and the challenge of new exercises that are refreshing. When I was finished I decided to treat myself to brunch at a newly discovered restaurant nearby. As I was walking toward the restaurant; there was a fellow sitting in the window seat, that began waving at me. I waved back & though he looked vaguely familiar, I couldn't quite place him.

As I got into the restaurant and saw who he was sitting with, it all came together. His companion was my former wife. They asked me to join them. At first where I sat was open; but it apparently was going to be occupied, by someone coming to join the party at the next table. I remained where I was for the "time being." One of the servers asked if I wanted to sit at the "bar." I indicated that I did not. I had planned to have a meal, & I didn't fancy being perched on a little stool. I was prepared to just have a beverage in order to visit and then go elsewhere to eat if need be.

We did a little shuffling about and everyone was comfortably seated, so I got my meal there after all. I hadn't seen Dee and her partner Rick since before I went away to Ireland (I can't remember if that was the winter trip or the Spring/Summer/Autumn one). Anyway they had been in France during some of my time traveling, so we had travel stories to trade. Mine of course, invariably lead to word of the completion and launch of my book.

Another reason I was over in that neck of the woods was that I had received yesterday in the mail (one of those "unexpected cheques" .. that I have read about in books about "abundance" etc.) ... way cooler than the random money in a coat pocket thang! (but I'm quite okay with coming into additional cash that way too!) - so I wanted to go and deposit it.

Well, as the conversation ensued, I had another unexpected cheque to cash as Dee, purchased one of my books! What a blessing! The whole thing!! We've been apart now for nine odd years.. I've never called her "my ex" or "the ex" or any of the other dehumanizing tags people use to refer to each other.
I don't know how she refers to me; but I believe it says something about each of us as individuals, the healing & growth that occurred for us, that she wanted to support my book; that we could all sit together and enjoy a meal (which was also graciously purchased for me) and be genuinely happy in each other's company & for the life trajectory, we've all taken.

Had I not decided to go to the alternative gym location, I never would have had, that meeting.

I had plenty of time to get home afterwards to prepare to go to work. I wanted to carry on with the "feel good" energy that was unfolding this day, so I walked to work. Walking and listening to music as I go, is one of my favourite simple pleasures in life.  I got to the facility I work at with time to spare. I sat in the staff room and read a few pages of inspiration and then proceeded to the shift report meeting.

When I arrived at the nursing station and grabbed the "sign-in" sheets - my name was conspicuous by it's absence. We had report and then began to try and sort it. I had been "pre-booked" a block of 3 shifts commencing last evening. Turned out the person I was replacing, was then reinserted into her schedule, which made my need to be there, redundant.  Some ensuing confusion and endeavours to unravel the bureaucratic beast ... led to me being informed by the staffing office that they had "called and left me a message" cancelling the shifts ... the only flaw in that scenario being, I didn't get the message. (I suppose one could chalk this up to the energies of Mercury in Retrograde).

I briefly felt somewhat put off and prepared to rerun some old; the injustices of the corporate juggernaut tape... but once I discovered I was "free to go..." I realized, I get another walk home in the fresh air and more music. I'm not "out anything" given my trip to the bank earlier today. Truth be told there was places I'd rather be and things I'd rather do.

For instance, writing this post at 7:45 p.m.  sitting in the comfort of my Lazy-Boy in front of the fireplace, instead of still having another 3 hrs left at "work.."

If I could have written this story... I would have written just like this!

1 comment:

  1. A most beautiful sharing of delightful synchronicities. I love when Source flows through us in such mystery and aweness! Aye, what a blessing indeed eh! Tis most lovely that you and your former wife and her partner are able to have such a blessed connection as well. I honour you ~Lady Nenari xxxx

    ReplyDelete