Monday 10 July 2017

Face to Face


Who will blink?
This day. 
Writing meets. 
A "stare down."

Read it. 
If you want,
It's not for you.
But it could be..

Want inspiration?
Not to be found here.
Though. 
What do I know?

Don't look for meaning.
None.
Intended.
It's articulated empty.

Not a concern, 
For quality.
Save your critique.
It's shit.

I stare,
At a blank wall.
I let fly.
This is what stuck.

Voices of opposition,
Wailing in descent,
This is just wrong.
I won't blink.

Creativity in exile.
Internal committee.
Poised. 
Judge, jury and executioner.

Today. 
Unadulterated crap.
Will be allowed. 
To stand as art.

Liberation offered,
To a voice, 
Massaged by,
Fear of crucifixion.

External approval.
Will never quiet. 
An unknown.
Tyrant. 

Cross-roads.
Delete.
Save Face.
Post?

I won't blink.
This shit.
is 
Going live..

Something.
Vital. 
Is at, 
Stake here.

Until it's realized.
Will not.
Blink.


R. O'Neill (July 10, 2017)












No comments:

Post a Comment