Thursday 23 February 2017

Brothers - Have Heart!

My brothers
I don't claim a prophets robes
Though I have seen
The writing on the wall
What wall?
What writing?
You might wonder....

To be honest
It was the wall
Of my heart
There inscribed
In my own sweat and blood:
"Is this all there is?"

I have not seen
The pinnacles of
Boardrooms, Athleticism, Entertainment
Politics or battlefields

Still for those that have
Look a moment
What do you see?
Despite the lofty heights
Is that inscription
That haunting question
There upon your wall?

I suspect it is!!!

Take heart
In fact
Take. Your. Heart.
Therein
You'll find an answer
Not "The" answer
Not "My" answer
Your answer
Unique to you
And yet
A portal
To connect
With
All that is

I know .. I know
The "Story"
Handed down
Over the millennia
Father to son
Upheld and enforced
Coined "fraternal and paternal"
Still each
Breathes
Into it's continued existence

Gird your loins
The Story
Is patently false
To be sure
It served
Material world Advancement

It has however
Abandoned
Forsaken and betrayed
Your heart and soul

Dismiss and renounce
This stark revelation
As you wish
You are free
To revisit
Your Wall
And that question

All that is Holy
Cries out
For an end
To Men
Living
The night of the walking dead
Until dead
Seems like a good idea

Are you willing
To bring to bear
That warrior
Strength.  Courage. Tenacity.
And direct it
To the exploration
And unguarded expression of
Your Heart?

Have you every considered
That regular 3:00 a.m. wake-up
Is more than the "call of nature"
It is your nature
The screaming of your own heart
Will you listen?

Never will you embark
On a journey more enlivening
Where true strength and courage
Can become your traveling companions

The world has had its fill
Of your brains and brawn
Life itself is requesting
That you now occupy your heart

There "is more.."
Infinitely so...
In order to see it...
You must be willing
To be it....









No comments:

Post a Comment