Monday 22 August 2016

Reconciliation with Heart

Heart of my heart
A life time
Held in my next breath
Has revealed
That time, embraced by the present
Reverberates the yearning,
Release!
No longer ask
How deep then, has been: MY BETRAYAL ?
Forgive me
My holiest of holy
For I have
Desecrated the sanctity
Of thy chambers
Rather than genuflection
And purification, upon entering
I created a toxic dump
For petty grievances
Slights - large and small
Real and imagined.
Reverent sacred visitation
Besmirched - stoking the fires of resentment

In the silence
Echoes my voice
That too often
Was deafening
In its absence

My Heart
I left you
Writhing in the pain
Of a self-neglected exile

Through a cyclical series
Of fabricated nemesis'
A continued self-flagellation
Provided through illusory scapegoats

I newly seek refuge
In a heart I call home
I acknowledge
My responsibility
To the maintenance of the space
And ask that my heart
Open again -
       to
      the
      Spirit
      Of
      Forgiveness.







No comments:

Post a Comment