Monday 29 February 2016

Truth or Consequences

Upon, a wind swept summit, sprung the door - to my heart’s cage
Alas, heroes journey finale – not told upon this page
Embarked on road less travelled – thought by now I’d be a sage
Invited Creation as my witness – to what - my timeless rage

Stripped of all defenses - naked soul without veneers
The time has come - I humbly submit - to release all, karmic souvenirs
Like genie loosed from bottle – a tsunami repressed within for years
Held by the loving embrace of Gaia – I let flow my healing tears

Shroud of denial – a place to hide – obscured all culpability
Coupled with blinding pride - the oasis - of illusory infallibility
Cleaver of truth – upon my heart – to Spirit’s light more permeability
Misguided will – exchange at once – for surrender and humility

If my life is like an hourglass – what remains of trickling sand?
Spirits nearby and ancient oaks remind me I’m a visitor to this land
Before me lays the glove of challenge – cards are dealt – now play your hand
Did you think your life was about, just you – when will you make a stand?









No comments:

Post a Comment