Monday 29 February 2016

Time for Forgiveness

From childhood dragged this ball and chain
No understanding of Karmic pain
To ignore your absence I tried in vain
That it did not matter I chose to feign

“May” celebrations met with a grudge
 Absent your character - I was quick to judge
 A newborn baby and still you balked
When from my life you turned and walked

Throughout my life I feared rejection
Though yearned for - denied myself affection
Endlessly searched for some connection
No sense of self – or clear direction

Received from within a new directive
The time had come to change perspective
I thought of you and began to wonder
Had your heart and soul be torn asunder

I see your life spent in despair
I carried your cross – not mine to bear
To beyond the veil I reach out in prayer
Love and forgiveness I now declare

You gave me life - you played your part
I hold you within an open heart
To the Creator our collective pain release
May you now know everlasting peace.





No comments:

Post a Comment