Monday 29 February 2016

The Journey

The road I’ve been traveling seemed never to end
 Kept thinking answers are just round the next bend
 Started with goals - mapped out the course
Trusted myself– did I back the wrong horse?

Have felt like screaming – perhaps even quit
Oft times have felt at the end of my wit
It wasn’t at all like this at the start
Believed then in victory with all of my heart

Began with momentum
Which is now, all but gone
My will to succeed,
Like a beacon it shone

You made it through valleys -even trudged up the hill
With nothing to help but the unaided will
With all I had left  - arrived at the next peak
Surely there – will be found the answers I seek

I looked first to the east – then to the west
Though splendid the view – just some great cosmic jest?
It seemed this time certain that once at the top
For each question, an answer, the struggle would stop


Perhaps what I now see - is just an illusion
Fear rises when considering - the more likely conclusion
This can’t be, forget it, I’ll remain right here seated
Infinite valleys and mountains - leaving me feeling defeated

Though it may seem that things are now at their worst
There is help should I be willing to ask for it first
The journey I must make, made more difficult with pride
Should I want things made simple –I must get a guide







No comments:

Post a Comment