Monday 29 February 2016

The Heart of the Matter

There was a time I thought I’d find
All questions answered by my mind
External fixes often sought
Result – Increasingly distraught

Consulted wisdom of the ages
Knowledge of masters, prophets, sages
Consensus as where to begin
All answers lie not out but in

Where goes this journey if I’m to start?
The road less traveled from head to heart!
Once wounds can heal – past life depart
From Spirit – vision will impart

To some an organ which keeps a beat
For sentiment combined with “Sweet”
Intended purpose best take a seat
The will of the Creator meet

If “listened” to the heart will steer
What blocks our progress – just our fear
If intent to heal indeed sincere
A path unfolds your pain to clear

What insures the path you do not miss?
The clue will be do I feel bliss?
No better time than on this day
To feat upon the soul’s buffet

What I suggest may leave you vexed
When first considered I was perplexed
In chronic pain what could you lose?

Return to misery if you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment