Sunday 28 February 2016

On the Road

I give pause to the journey of a lifetime
Echoing through time I hear each foot fall
Sureness and trepidation both
Mark the rhythm of dissonant harmony
Innocence fed conviction & unearned confidence
Forged a path
Wielding the blade of self will & disconnection
Triumphantly I seized the horizon
The spoils of “victory”
Upon the banquet table
The feast I anticipated
Bewilderment, disillusion, discontent!
What of this?
Would not a mirror have served me sooner?
If I have found the door to humility
It has come through fluency in arrogance
Whom perhaps one day, I will call friend
I now turn and face the temple
Overgrown and obscured
The reflection of neglect
If time is the illusion
Perhaps from rubble & ash
Can still be coaxed the rising Phoenix
Creator upon bended knee
I offer the golden chalice within
I labour to remove the tarnish
To yield a worthy vessel
Divine love is my request
Not to keep – not to hold
But to serve
My true soul’s longing
I am coming home!





No comments:

Post a Comment