Sunday 28 February 2016

Ode to a Friend

Sometimes it seems life dishes up - more than I can possible contend
Convinced I’d found - road to riches – around the corner - a dead end
Must find a way to laugh it off – to a better place ascend
Who shines their light when mine seems faint – of course it’s you my friend

Hang up the masks – breath easy – rather than any need to defend
Side by side we walk as equals – your presence - to spirit tend
Earth bound walk - though I’m sure - an angel asked to descend
The gift that keeps on giving – describes you best - my friend

Sacred truth can be freely spoken – without, the need - to bend
In you, love and compassion – measured out - in just the right blend
Authentic self is welcome – never given cause to pretend
Gold & silver don’t hold a flame – to the value of a friend

To blow smoke and subterfuge – not motives I intend
I offer explanation – without an air to condescend
A moment of your time and to me your listening lend
Each day I walk in the knowledge that I’m blessed to call you my friend








No comments:

Post a Comment