Sunday 28 February 2016

My Light is Yours

Upon the tree of life - would that make me a leaf?
From existential questions  - will there ever be relief?
My time here all in all - will be very brief
Now that I’ve touched it – is this all - my grief?

Had built a story - within which I hid
At one time it felt safe – within the walls of this grid
Unspoken law – my feelings forbid
Through darkness a call – let’s open the lid!

My heart was in lockdown – security was tight
Spent many years – avoiding my-self in full flight
Led toward the unknown – gut became eyes for sight
Awoke to find I knew - of shared human plight

I see from previous path - I’ve now been shaken
Will purpose be revealed – soul’s contract awaken
The journey until now – each step not mistaken
Never been alone – nor love been forsaken?

Time to forget the old stories – no need to rewrite
Tune into my heart – for the path that is right
No more dead man walking – fuse of passion ignite
Before the next soul hits the rocks – could I for them be the light?












No comments:

Post a Comment