Sunday 28 February 2016

My Friend

The corporate mantra dog eat dog and survival of the fittest
I can’t relate won’t be my way as God is my witness
The path I choose, cynics say, naïve – goes contrary to this trend
No matter what while I still breath, I’ll be there for my friend

Endless consumption, mountains of debt and still the push to buy
Declared the winner, so say some, toys piles that reach the sky
For me no satisfaction, can be found here in the end
So no matter what, through thick and thin, I’ll be there for my friend

Seduced by fame and fortune some never get enough
When the chips are down which way to turn – tried talking to your stuff?
I gave my all to the corporate call – to depression I did descend
This life renounced until I die – I’ll be there for my friend

It’s not my wish to vilify the capitalist decree
Instead a declaration of what’s valuable to me
As I live and breath, before my senses leave, your listening to me lend

The bullet I’d take, the pain I’d bear because you are my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment