Sunday 28 February 2016

Lost or Found?

At times that which I call my room
Can be a shelter else times a tomb
Piles high and wide upon the shelf
Guidelines for reaching higher self

Their combined mass exceeds my weight
Wisdom of the ages given straight
Each in it’s own way offers hope
When at the end of life’s great rope

I am in awe of those connected
And though I try, has God rejected
I turn and look toward the light
Still fear persists – my efforts right?

I watched and listen to those who shine
My intent to connect to the divine
Between dark and light I walk the line
Right now I see no great design

The world I left is cold and dark
The road ahead lit by a spark?
Not long ago I felt so sure
Replaced today by insecure

In days now gone I sought the cure
From outside of myself to help endure
The pain from sources then obscure
Of my path now – hidden detour?

It seems so out of my control
The current angst – what would console?
Wholeness, truth and open-hearted
Were all the goals when I first started
Upon this path there is a toll

Known as “The Dark Night, of the Soul”

No comments:

Post a Comment