Sunday 28 February 2016

Life's a Beach

Feelings ebb & flow like the ocean’s tide
Hold too tight, high winds - take you for a ride
Below the waters surface just as within you deep inside
While waves crash above effect can be denied

A brisk walk upon the path - along the ocean
Feeds spirit as though a magic potion
Sunlit water shimmers fresh the seaside breeze
Blessed in mid-winter with a spring-like tease.

Fortunate to have within my reach
The healing energy found while at the beach
First I challenge myself to go only from log to log
Next connect with someone - by means of their dog.

While some have a tug – a – war with a high tech kite.
Heaving and straining with all their might
I turn my attention above the cliffs with utter delight
Feathered aviators riding the thermals I join them in their flight

A few hours spent – like feasting from a buffet
What’s on the menu determined by the day
The creator’s kiss felt from the wind swept spray
Upon the sea side stage witnessed a heartfelt play
















No comments:

Post a Comment