Sunday 28 February 2016

How about a Do-over?

When young had thought - that I was invincible
At midlife realized had existed - anonymous and invisible
Armed with self-righteousness masked as -“hey it’s the principle”
How many ways can one disguise - miserable?

Began examining - why my life’s not working
Found below the surface - many demons lurking
May well be true - I’ve chosen my path
Instead of creating joy, I’ve been avoiding wrath

It would seem the lesson - is self-defeat
As long as you march - to another’s beat
From them may hear - hey you’ve got it wrong
How would they know - can’t hear - your heart’s song

Gold standard – “make it on your own”
No, not like that – Is that how you were, shown?”
Don’t worry nothing’s - carved from stones
Where is my path - in this sea of clones?

Led to believe - we’re in a race
Consume – keep up – you must save face
Collect all the toys - to avoid disgrace
Planned obsolescence? – Work hard, replace!

Cooperation takes - a back seat
Win at all costs - if need be cheat
Why settle for one car – you could have a fleet!
The next hand you shake - your next sale to meet

So long so lost - hid deep inside
Once awake – response – what else I cried
World lacking values, love, passion, pride
Some day’s I think - I want off this ride!

Soul searching, healing a “good – housecleaning”
Which way – for what, is my heart leaning?
From opinions of others - I must now be weaning
If life will hold for me - true meaning!









No comments:

Post a Comment