Sunday 28 February 2016

From Beyond the Myst

I’m remembering a time - when the rocks and trees were honoured
In harmony we walked the bogs – in times they now call old
We sat upon the emerald green, while the myst embraced – stories were told
Diamonds glistened just off the shore – lit by the sun that shone like gold

Before the priests stood at their pulpits preaching
Bards through heart and harp strings reaching
Spirit heard while birds – in flight were screeching
Each glen & lough – whispering through the wind – it’s teaching

Hidden not lost – behind the veil
View upon bended knee – will reveal the trail
Those of humble heart – will receive the grail
Mystical transcription to be read by the soul like Braille

Sired, then raised away – by a foreign hand
Where then lie my roots  – my ancestral brand?
No claim stated – through lines drawn in the sand
Instead through my heart calls out the land

A different light, shines on - the cards  - been dealt
Something ancient awakes – demanding to be felt
Though many still will judge a man - by the colour of his  “pelt”
My soul aligns – within my chest resides – the heartbeat of a “Celt”






No comments:

Post a Comment