Sunday 28 February 2016

Free the Hostage

I’ve heard it said, more than one way
Like “the time is now” or “Seize the day”
Examined my life’s – been the reversal
More like some kind of dress rehearsal

Play it safe – never take a chance
If no one’s looking maybe then I’ll dance
All wrapped up in – play it cool
Don’t care, don’t love, don’t feel – the rule

Lived life as though inside a bubble
“Protected” from all forms of trouble
Dead man walking – nothing felt but numb
Would I then to darkest thoughts succumb?

All sense of hope on the decline
Fear of life & death then did combine
From existential debate resign
Screamed out for help, what form – Divine

A self made prison learned of my plight
Knew nothing else but fight or flight
Believed my heart needed a defender
Instead the healing brought by surrender

Now food for spirit my appetite
Creator’s guidance – daily invite
Passion for the path – purpose ignite

A vessel through which shines my own bright light

No comments:

Post a Comment