Tuesday 6 October 2015

What a Wonderful Life

I began my day reading a text message "that something wonderful will happen today." Well to begin with, I woke up to read the text, if that weren't the case then something wonderful might well happen (maybe that would have been it) however, I'm not sure at what level or if, I would be aware of the wondrous event. Beyond that I'm not sure that I the "I" I've grown accustomed to referencing everything from, would still exist? At that point I'm apt to have a different set of parameters with which to define "wonderful," or perhaps, there would be no parameters and this in itself, is the cause of wonder I can't even begin to grasp, as even when I catch a glimpse of more spaciousness, that part of my mind which is the self-proclaimed manager of defining, categorizing, analyzing, assigning, associating, rationalizing, misrepresenting, simplifying, dismissing, diminishing, minimizing, segregating, eliminating, proclaiming, guesstimating, asserting etc. attempts to rush in and just as space on this page was consumed by this description, so then is the vast space of the unknown reduced.

I came into town in part to complete a couple of errands and I considered that something wonderful might not knock at my door, I might need to take myself out into the world where I am more accessible. Not necessarily an absolute - I suppose my being accessible isn't strictly speaking, dictated by where I am, shall we say, geographically. Accessible (open) is more defined by a decision, not just a one time decision, though it could be, rather, a recognition of choice throughout the day that a decision can be made at any moment to be open, curious, willing to experience something unique.

It's interesting to notice that don't particularly need to let go of expectations about what shape this wonderful event might take, as I largely don't have any. I'm open, I consider myself of ample worth, I just don't know what to think. Truly something unforeseen has often been a source of wonder to me. How would I know exactly what might happen that would "blow my mind." If something were to happen outside my "experience" how could I preconceive of it?

Of course the wonderful something that was foretold to me might have nothing to do with me. Perhaps she that planted the seed in the first place is to be the recipient. Maybe this is to occur within her family circle, maybe this is to occur at the community level, nationally or internationally, interplanetary, intergalactically. It might have nothing to do with me or everything.

Maybe I was being baited to be on the "lookout" for something wonderful, in doing so, my awareness might be "tuned" to what is wonderful going on around me. I don't feel as though on this day I needed that prompting, I didn't feel low or unappreciative, however I didn't necessarily feel as though this day would be as good for something wonderful to happen to me as any other day. There didn't need to be some real or imagined criteria met first, that today could be the day!

All the preparations have been made - in fact in a way, there never were any, just let it be!

No comments:

Post a Comment