Thursday 17 April 2014

Shifting Tides

The mist entombed bay all but obscures from view
Two ocean adventure ready vessels
Multiple mast and rigging - stretch skyward
A barely discernible rhythmic to & fro
Betrays the wash of the dancing current

 Proximity implied connection proves illusory
Two become one - as an anchor is weighed
An unseen force commandeering
A voyage to waters unknown

Inclimate weather renders the beach an embraceable desolation
The Mozart collection invites consulation
But instead becomes the melancholic usher
The scene conjures deafening aloneness
No apparent answers
Yields a decision
Allow the questions to become prayers

Great Spirit I ask the the falling rain
Wash over me
May it be accompanied by your light
Illuminating the places within me saddled in darkness
Go into all the places which seemingly reflect
The maw of an endless void
From the abyss of the deepest darkness within
Search out, make visible the hidden gold
The river of tears flows
Winding its way to the sea of humanity
I am but a drop in the river
This grief is not mine to carry alone
Though I must shoulder my rightful portion
Great Spirit
As I walk the labyrinthine path through my own heart
Deepen my compassion
Show me how I might become your instrument
Where ever I find upon the river banks
Lying scattered among the rocks - castaways
May I shine forth a beacon
That sifts away that which foreshadows
Revealing their connection from within their shattered state.




No comments:

Post a Comment