Monday 12 August 2013

The Web (Untangled)


A “thick skin” might serve…
 If I was an armadillo
I came however, not for battle
Why then do so many condone aggression
Rather than invite an open heart?
Arms outstretched I stepped out in transparency
Too sensitive is the consensus
(Is that even possible?)
Baffled to discover, “your authenticity is not welcome here!”

“Truth be told – we much prefer deception”
It is necessary in order to survive
Yes of course… you too, we will see to it
It’s for your own good!

Water off a ducks back – the world counsels
I came not to repel
Nor to walk a guarded path
With open arms – I came
To embrace all I encounter

Naïve to say the least
Starry-eyed foolishness
Now then
Feet on the ground
And BE A MAN!
Stop acting like a child

But I am…  a child?
This can’t be right!
I can’t breath in here!

You’ll get used to it!

But it’s dark in here…
I can’t feel anything

It’s better this way – you’ll see

How old are you boy?
I’m not a boy… I’m a man!
You look young to me
I’m older than I look
Are you lying to me boy?
Oh no, you can trust me!

The art of deception is surprisingly easy!
I think I will come to enjoy this…
Unless – no, couldn't be..... of course not!
 This is the way of the world!

HOW CAN YOU BE SO INSENSITIVE?


What are you talking about?
I just did what I had to do.
It was expected of me!
It’s what you wanted
What everybody wanted!
You know … “Dog eat dog?”

Actually dogs don’t eat dogs!
Don’t you care?
It’s not all about you…
Do you have no, feelings?

Of course, I have…
Well I mean – I seem to remember….
That at one time
It seems so long ago!
Trying to remember
Just makes me feel sad.
It’s so painful to remember
A lifetime of forgets!

How did I get here?
I can’t go on like this?
What do I do now?
I need help!

No one can do this for you!
I can give you a clue
Honestly behold your mirror
Therein lies your answer!

Wait, that doesn’t make any sense!
I have been honest my whole life!

Are you sure?
Well…. I’m no different than anyone else….
I’ve only done what I’ve had to
To get by!

Which I’m going to guess includes, deception?
Well yes, of course but it wasn’t my idea!
I was taught that in order to…

Have you stopped to consider
That you may have been deceived?

No, that can’t be that would mean…
My whole life has been a lie?

Now there’ some honesty!
Take that and your mirror
And you’re well on your way!

But wait – you can’t leave me now
What am I looking for?
Where will I find it?

You need not go far
And not it, but who
He has never been far away
Just well hidden

Are you talking about me?

None other!
Your authentic self
Is awaiting
Your invitation and welcome!

My welcome?
Are you saying…?

That’s exactly what I’m saying!
Permission for you to show up
Is yours to
Grant
Or to
Deny!


No comments:

Post a Comment