Friday 23 August 2013

Heart Is Where The Home Is!


The dizzying heights, the colossal beauty, raw energy & power experienced at the "cliffs" not only touched & healed my heart, but have forever changed my life!
Before my visit April 2011, I had lived my life in Victoria, Canada (51years old then) adopted at birth my ancestral origins unknown - an inheritance that I attempted to ignore, unaware that I was powerless.
Circumstances and the universe conspired and while attending a workshop locally, facilitated by an Irish fellow, I was presented with an opportunity to come to Ireland. By this time I had some vague "clues" that my roots included Ireland - now I simply had to find out. I liquidated the foundation of what was to be my "retirement nest-egg" and booked a flight.
A group of us were staying at a retreat center "Bog Hill" and visited the cliffs on an afternoon excursion.
Each day I spent, every rock and tree, spoke to me and revealed more certainty of a "home coming!"
My visit to the Cliffs of Moher was indeed a crowning glory. As we walked the pathway along the cliffs we encountered a musician that was entertainer and gatekeeper both. As he coaxed the haunting refrain from his harp, portals of time and space opened within and without. The wind and waves danced at the command of his fingertips. I was overcome with emotion and recognition that reverberated through ever fiber of my being as I heard for the first time the voice of my ancestors!
The cliffs are indelibly within my heart - in fact they are far more than photogenic landscape. They are gateway both, to the southern Burren region and my soul!

I have since verified through DNA testing, Irish ancestry on my father's side. The ancestors continue to call - "to be continued!"

No comments:

Post a Comment