Saturday 10 August 2013

Ask and You Shall Receive

I was at a local fundraising event this afternoon, one I might add, I had no prior knowledge of and therefore no intention to attend. I was sitting in the local coffee shop lost in the process of writing, when the whole neighborhood began to reverberate from the procession of Harley Davidson motorcycles going past. I looked up to see where they were going, across the road where they all rode in, I could see a city fire truck parked, people coming and going; and reasoned there must be some sort of "community event," occurring over there.

I wondered if one of the group of riders included a friend I had been trying to connect with (he happens to belong to group of "bikers" that ride and socialize together, as well as fundraise for local youth). I finished my writing and decided to go and see what was happening. I was stopped at "the gate" which is normally just an open playing field - there was a stage with live music, a dozen or so "show and shine" muscle cars on display, just as you enter. I was informed it was a fundraiser for a group in town called "AC/BC" (I had seen them at a community event in the past - they build some amazing looking "chopper style bikes" - but the organization also centers around mentoring youth and community).

I thought both, a great cause, I don't mind supporting this, and; huh I bet that was my friends group that rode by (one of their fundraising dances donated the proceeds to this very group).  As they were nowhere to be seen in the "parking area," I thought they had already gone. Coming around the corner it all came together - there were the black leather clad men and women of the one club (including the friend I mentioned) and all their bikes - apparently "guests of honour;" their parking spot was right in the event itself - no doubt that entrance stirred the adrenalin among the attendees).

Turns out the "A" in AC/BC is more than just a clever knock off, yielding a name that signifies that many of their custom designed bikes, reflect the love of classic rock (that alone wins my favour) but it actually stands for "Angels" - which was abbreviated from the original name "God's Angels Chopper Bicycle Club." One of its young members had come up with that name, to make it clear they were not "Hell's angels" (even better). The new shortened name did allow for the "Rock related acronomyn"

So now, my "hunches" seemingly satisfied, I wandered through the gym where there were more bikes on display and all the "stuff" for the silent auction. The bikes are an amazing feat of creativity and I suppose engineering (I'm not particularly mechanically gifted, so it's somewhat of a guess). I vaguely recall various "modifications myself and friends attempted on our bikes when we were kids - nothing nearly as elaborate as these folks, even still, there were varying degrees of success and failure, as we occasionally discovered what was likely rudimentary physics (loads, stress, tensile strength ) often at the cost of sacrificing the flesh on our elbows and knees.

I had thought (of the auction stuff) nothing I need here - when I happened upon the book table (by donation) like a moth to the flame, I am instantly captivated. As an aside (and somewhat a dramatic precusor) I have very recently become interested in the teachings of Esther and Jerry Hicks, I knew of them previously (but my focus was elsewhere) - anyway I have been viewing some of their presentations on YouTube which had led me to their website (there I could see they have dozens of books and audio products - scheduled speaking engagements etc.). I decided for now, I can get what I need from the free videos and perhaps a book of the "basic teachings" if I come across one. A trip to town and a jaunt through a metaphysical shop I haven't been in for a long time, yield me a like new copy of one of their titles "The Law of Attraction" - The Basics of the Teachings of Abraham." The first book I see on the donation table (another of theirs) "Ask and It is Given - Learning to Manifest Your Desires."

I have to say I am thoroughly enjoying this and thank the universe, God and the angels (I don't want to leave anyone out) for so attentively listening!!

Tonight, I feel drawn to go for a wander around town - a warm summer night, streets filled with happy tourists and street performers. Followed by what I believe will be the pinnacle experience of the evening, a "B"movie shown outdoors under the stars in our world-class park!

With apologies to Elton John on this eve. "Saturday Night's Alright for Delighting!"

No comments:

Post a Comment