Friday 26 July 2013

Authenticity = "When wrong promptly admit it!"

When I first created this blog I did so with the intention of creating a platform through which I could develop my passion as a writer. The original purpose was to grow and stretch my own belief around myself as a "writer"- prior to that, I had begun writing (even shared it gradually with others) the consistent feedback was, that I indeed should write!

I love to write - space and time are lost and I experience the "flow" that I have so frequently heard others speak of, when they are engaged through their hearts and souls. It's taken a life time for me to begin to recognize this for myself.  So I reasoned, if I am to be a writer....... I must write, and so this blog was born. I expected that through the "practice" of writing, I would continue to hone my craft (over time my personal development, would allow me to call it "mine" and own it as a "gift" and a "craft.")

It would seem that I have developed a following of readership (I am thrilled, honoured and humbled). Largely (in fact, with the exception of the occasional "like" on Facebook I don't even know who is reading) - I do wish to say thank you!

It is my dream to lead & inspire people through writing (perhaps speaking as well). I believe in people and the unlimited potential within each and I would love nothing more than to play a part in leading people to the discovery of their power within (of course I recognize I must be living a life that reflects that I am indeed, coming from that place as well).

It is also my intention through my writing to share of myself, my experience & my path, openly and authentically. I aspire to build a presence through writing both online and in hardcopy (I'm old school at heart - I still like a book in my hand!) therefore it is important to me that this presence, represent integrity and accountability.

I have recently been writing about my experience getting involved with an Internet marketing company. Without question some of what I have experienced has been life changing and growth producing (this should not be interpreted as an endorsement for, or an attack on, the company). In hindsight I recognize that much (if not all of the credit for this) must go to me (Just as anything you do in your life comes about as a result of decisions you make - action or inaction). I continue to maintain personal growth, spiritual development and healing is an "inside job" between me and the God of my understanding. Therefore I'm not taking all the credit - but maintaining that nothing outside of myself brings this about.

I say this because I don't want to give the impression that the company itself should receive the credit. Nor do I want anyone getting the idea that though I was making new discoveries, enjoying the adventure of travel, meeting new people, dreaming, goal setting etc. that this is the only path one could do all that upon.

There has been and will continue to be, a great deal of personal growth as the result of my recent journey - the truth of the matter is some of that will come as a result of being too impulsive, getting in over my head and creating a great deal of unnecessary stress for myself. (Then again, it may well have been entirely "necessary" in order for me to get the "wake up call.")

I believe I will be fine and all will work out in the end (where I'm concerned). More than anything, even though I don't entirely know who is reading my blog - I want you to know that I care about you and how anything I'm writing about might impact you. Of course I recognize the power of each to discern for themselves and I don't expect anyone will blindly follow my lead just because of what they read.

I just wish to be clear that overall this latest venture of mine was not for me (I suppose kudos are warranted for taking a look) - though I could have taken a less expensive look! Also it is not my intention to malign the company or anyone that works within (again, I take full responsibility for my choices). My intention is to stand in who I am and bring that into being into the world, in whatever I do - who I am does not come at the expense of others (therefore I will not engage in character assassination - period!) The change that I want to see in the world will begin with me - I will then be too busy being, to be concerned about what others are doing!

 So, some of my actions of late, have been growth producing (I suppose they all have - some just have come in less desirable ways).  What I'm saying is this particular opportunity is not for me - it may be  perfect for someone else. I would highly recommend one do their own due diligence, I'm not advocating that anyone follow in my footsteps - I would much rather own, that I made some misguided choices (for me) than to be responsible for influencing anyone else to make the same mistakes (even given the fact each is responsible for their own choices).

Without question I recognize that there is power in decisiveness - that over thinking can result in immobility, perfectionism can result in procrastination, being stuck and stagnation - however rash decisions, rushed choices - ignoring "gut feelings" and intuition can wreak havoc in a persons life too! It actually doesn't matter how many other people are doing it (whatever it is) the right and perfect choice for you, might be walk away!



No comments:

Post a Comment