Thursday 28 February 2013

On the Road

I give pause to the journey of a lifetime.

Echoing through time I hear each foot fall.

Sureness and trepidation both, Mark the rhythm of dissonant harmony.

Innocence fed conviction and unearned confidence, Forged a path.

 Wielding the blade of self will and disconnection Triumphantly I seized the horizon.

The spoils of “victory,” Upon the banquet table.

 A feast I anticipated!

Instead bewilderment, disillusion, discontent!

What of this?

Would not a mirror have served me sooner?

If I have found the door to humility, It has come through fluency in arrogance.

 Whom perhaps one day, I will call friend.

 I now turn and face the temple, Overgrown and obscured, The reflection of neglect.

If time is the illusion, Perhaps from rubble and ash, Can still be coaxed the rising Phoenix.

 Creator upon bended knee, I offer the golden chalice within.

 I labour to remove the tarnish, To yield a worthy vessel.

Divine love is my request, Not to keep – not to hold. But to serve, My true soul’s longing.

 I am coming home!

No comments:

Post a Comment